Tire inflation tips
- Check tire pressures regularly. Optimally once a week and no less than once a month, and before any long road trip.
- Use a quality pressure gauge. Dial and digital gauges are more accurate and cost $10 to $20.
- Follow the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended inflation pressures and not the pressure molded into the tire sidewall.
- Check pressures before driving when tires have been at rest and are not hot.
- An increased pressure reading is normal when tires are hot.
- If recommended by the vehicle manufacturer, increase pressures for towing, carrying heavy loads, or extended highway travel.